Moisture on the back of the oven floor after heavy rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture on the back of the oven floor after heavy rain

We finished building our Casa 2g oven about a month ago. The last few days we have had over 3 inches of driving rain. In checking the inside of the oven I found that about 20% of the floor in the back is damp with moisture but the inside dome is dry. Other than finding and fixing the leak what is the best way to get the moisture out of the floor. I am assuming some of the insulation is also wet. Should I go with a series of curing fires or maybe some kind of fan/dryer?

Re: Moisture on the back of the oven floor after heavy rain

Is it possible to lift some of the floor pieces to expose them to the 'air'? Then you could put a fan on it to help facilitate air movement. The oven floor will not cook properly until that insulation is dry, and it will take a loooonnng time if you can't expose it.
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Like Tman said,
      if possible lift the floor tiles to allow the insulation to dry, then you would need to cure the oven again.

Heidi

Comment

Thanks, any ideas on how to get one or two of the tiles up?

Comment

Moisture in an oven can take some time and effort to drive out.

Try to find out if you have standing water on your slab. Lift out a tile and see if the insulation is saturated. If there is standing water, you have to be able to drain it. Positive slab surface drainage will greatly facilitate dealing with future moisture problems.

Positive drainage can be achieved simply by drilling one or two small (3.8 inch or so) holes with an impact drill from below up into the insulation layer.

Comment

Pictures of your install would really help in our visualization of where the problem is and what solutions are available to you. In the mean time I'd put a quartz work light in the oven. It'll move the air and start you toward curing.
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X