Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to allow a set of bricks to set

Hi,

Is there a recommended time period to allow a chain of bricks to cure prior to applying the next chain?

In north america it's late summer so highs in the 90's and lows in the 70's.

Thanks!

Re: time to allow a set of bricks to set

No, keep working.

Comment

No, keep working.
      Maybe in Japan, but here in California we allow each brick chain to properly cure in the elapsed time that it takes to drink a beer (summer or winter).
      John

Comment

Awesome! thanks guys

Comment

Hi Gianni,

You made me think about the time I lived in Munich. Coming from my morning run, I met the work crew that were re-roofing and painting our apartment building, each carrying 3 large bootles of beer. I went inside ask my girlfriend about it, and she said it was a Bavarian law that allow manuel workers a beer during each break, it help to maintain German efficiency. So my mistake, you are right.

Comment

it was a Bavarian law that allow manuel workers a beer during each break, it help to maintain German efficiency
            I like the story of a mason who completed a project (several long basement walls made of block) with a trowel in one hand and a beer in the other throughout the duration of the job. The owners said the wall was impeccably true and plumb and the mason didn't so much as use even a string...

Comment

Working...
            X