Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza not able to sustain the heat.

Hi

I recently ate a wood fired Pizza and it was delicious.
    Issue was that the pizza was cold in just 3 to 4 minutes.
    Can anyone suggest anything by which we can retain the heat of pizza for max time so that if someone wants to deliver the pizza he can deliver it.
    Thanks.

Re: Pizza not able to sustain the heat.

Hey...Thanks man for such a valuable info...

Comment

In New York City, and elseware, some pizzas are delivered in little cabinets that hold the cardboard delivery boxes. I don't know if these cabinets have some heating or some such to keep the pizzas hot en route..

Chris
      Last edited by SCChris; 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

There are also bags that plug into your cigarette lighter like this one. 12V Heated Pizza Takeaway Bag Free Delivery : Maplin

Comment

When I first started, keeping the pizza hot for even the short trip from the cutting board to inside for waiting guests during inclement weather was a bit of a problem. A routine was quickly arrived at where the pizza was slid off onto the cutting board and during that short moment when the cheese is allowed to solidify before cutting, the serving tray is placed on the peel and passed thru the oven. Just a moment in the WFO and the aluminum or S.S. serving tray no longer sucks heat from the pizza but becomes close on too hot to hold. The sliced pizza is then slid onto the tray and the tray transported to the waiting guests. This solved the problem of the serving tray sucking the heat from pizza served to guests which were a short distance away from the WFO.

But trying to keep a thin crusted pizza hot and crispy for any serious time (like 30 minutes) will I think require keeping it in a hot but dry environment. Placed in a sealed container like the insulated bags I've seen delivery people use, I expect the crust will absorb the moisture from the toppings and lose it's crispness. I think transporting a thin crusted crisp pizza will be more difficult than any thick crusted bread dough pizza.

Please report back with whatever successful solution you find for transporting thin crusted crisp pizzas and keeping them hot and crisp.

Bests,
          Wiley

Comment

Working...
          X