Primavera 70 Stand Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera 70 Stand Installation

We were able to get the Primavera 70 on its stand and where we wanted it in just less than 3 hours. We could have done it in less time but we were thinking up this plan as we went, which included 2 trips to Home Depot. My original plan was to follow the instructions from the manual based on the Primavera 60 but we unanimously decided against it as the weight was difficult to stabilize. So instead here is the plan we came up with and successfully installed the oven. My financial advisor Fran was the brains, so he gets the credit. This was our experience and I?m not recommending it, you can make that call on your own. The attached document has photo's of the oven.

Pre-Requisites:
    1 ? Honda Ridgeline pickup truck
    16 - 8 inch cinderblocks
    4 ? 2x4x8 wood
    8 ? 3 inch exterior wood screws
    4 ? 2x4x4 from shipping crate
    5 ? Middle aged office workers
    2 ? College students
    2 - Nervous wives (optional)
    The crate was delivered in my driveway in the front of my house and we needed to get it to the back. Here is our step-by-step experience:
    1) Screw 2 2x4x8 wood studs together using 3 inch exterior wood screws. Repeat for other two pieces. I?ll call this 4x4x8s in the reset of this article.
    2) Remove stand and take crate apart. Remove 4 2x4x4s from crate to be used later.
    3) The oven is strapped to bottom palette. Slide 8 foot wood studs under crate. They should be apart as wide as possible.
    4) 4 guys to lift oven each guy on one of the section of wood stud and a fifth to guide and help were needed.
    5) Slide oven on to pickup truck.
    6) Drove pickup around to backyard and backed it up to deck. We were lucky the truck tail gate and deck were about the same level. So it was easy to walk the oven out of the truck and onto the deck.
    7) While oven is on the crate test all bolts and verify no cross threading exists.

8) Place 2 ? 2x4x4 pieces of crate wood parallel to oven crate in from of it.
    9) Place the 2 - 4x4x8?s perpendicular to oven about 1 ? feet apart on top of the scrap wood.
    10) Slide oven off the crate onto the 4x4x8s.
    11) 4 guys are needed to lift the oven while someone else slides the cinderblocks into position so 4x4x8s can rest the suspended oven. This way you only have to lift the oven 8 inches at a time. NOTE: when placing the cinderblocks they should be apart so the stand can go under to be attached later. DO NOT GO UNDER THE OVEN FOR ANY REASON EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WHILE SUSPENDED.
    12) Lift oven and place a second set of cinderblocks on top of the first set. Rest wood studs on blocks. Repeat until 4 cinderblock high.
    13) Lift oven and place 2 2x4x4 on top of cinderblocks on both sides and lower oven.
    14) Slide stand under oven and into position for attachment. You may want to support stand from the bottom because it needs to be raised to meet oven. DO NOT GO UNDER OVEN.

15) Two guys should remain on both sides of oven to keep oven stable on blocks while it is being attached to stand.
    16) After stand is attached to oven lift oven and remove 2x4x4 scrap wood from cinderblock. Lower oven. Repeat for top set of cinderblock.
    17) The stand is now attached and using the 4x4x8s under oven you can move oven to the final desired location.
    Attached Files

Re: Primavera 70 Stand Installation

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your post. It will come in handy for the rest of our costumers placing this oven on the stand! Enjoy your oven!!!

Amber

Comment

I think four guys lifting and moving this kind of weight is dangerous. What if one guy trips? I think you should use six, or lifting equipment.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Steve you are too funny! thank you for the great info our customers will appreciate the helpful advice.

Maria

Comment

I don't disagree with you David. Our two extra guy's were helping anyone who had issues. We also did not walk this anywhere. It went from the ground up and in my truck then from the truck down on our deck. We couldn't walk with this weight. Thats why we used the concrete block.

Comment

Hi Steve,
            We really enjoyed your post! It's preferable to have 6 people moving the oven. It's safer for both the oven and for the people lifting the oven. We appreciate your input and I am sure this will help many customers. Enjoy your oven!

P.S. You owe your wives pizza for their stress!

Comment

Having been down this path, the feedback I got at the time from the gentleman who was responding to my emails from Forno Bravo was that four men could move the oven no problem. It was laughable actually trying to do it that way, even with six guys. Sure moving it onto a truck....but moving it, ha. I used an engine lift for final stand placement which could be done with just two people. Its a beast.

But I'm loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by ronh View Post
                Having been down this path, the feedback I got at the time from the gentleman who was responding to my emails from Forno Bravo was that four men could move the oven no problem. It was laughable actually trying to do it that way, even with six guys. Sure moving it onto a truck....but moving it, ha. I used an engine lift for final stand placement which could be done with just two people. Its a beast.

But I'm loving it!
                Apart from the safety angle, if there was an accident and you'd been recommended only four people to move this kind of weight, someone could be losing their house.But perhaps litigation re safety in the US is different to Australia.

Comment

I want to be clear- I'm not recommending anything. Just sharing how I installed it. In my opinion litigation in the US is out of control and who guess it is as bad if not worse then AUS.

Comment

I think Australia is trying to overtake the US in ambulance chasing litigation. In our state (Queensland) there are more people at university studying law than there are practising it.

Comment

I looked into an engine hoist after reading many suggestions about how to lift and set my Primavera 70. After clearly an insane moment I rented a Bobcat w/forks. I was able to cut the sides off the crate, position the skid level with my base and gently slide the oven onto the base. I couldn't lift the oven enough safely to use traps and I am glad I didn't. For what it's worth. Cost : 115 for the Bobcat, 22 for the forks and 20 for the trailer overall worth it. Now onto the curing process.

Comment

Working...
                      X