Oven Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Lights

I'm using the wood flame in the oven, a flashlight and a bare bulb!! Yeah, it's still winter in the northern hemisphere!

Has anyone found an interior oven light for your oven that will withstand the 1000 degree heat? James, I assume there's something for FB commercially?

Apart from throwing in a bit of pine kindling, what works for lighting your oven?

XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Oven Lights

When baking pizza's there is sufficient light to see that crust browning arounf the edges, even at the back of the oven.

When roasting or baking, especially in the evening, I use a flashlight.

Comment

try using chips in addition to split logs. It's amazing how much light you get from a little scoop of chips. they are also a great way to get a quick blast of heat.
      -chefbru

Comment

XJ,

See discussion at http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/i...ight-1496.html especially James' last post on that thread.

Now if only we could find a suitable heat-proof lamp locally ....

Paul.

Comment

Hendo,

I just got myself a 2 million candles floodlight powered by a 6V SLA battery (intended to scare fruit bats away from my pear and nashi trees) - that should be powerful enought to light up the dome interior during the dullest bake day?

NB: the light is by SIP of Italy and cost $A31...

Ciao,

Carioca
          "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Working...
          X