Casa2g90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa2g90

When insulating with the blanket provided , do you just insulate the dome ? Or the landing area before the steel door too ?

Re: Casa2g90

Hi Vincenz,

Have you seen or read any of the Pompeii Oven Plans? You owe it to yourself to do a little research before you start your project. Arm yourself with the basic, there will be times when you really need help and advice.

Comment

Laurentius,
      The Casa2G is a FB oven not a home build.

Vincenzo,
      Read the installation instructions and if they don't answer your question then contact FB.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

"Vincenzo,
        Read the installation instructions and if they don't answer your question then contact FB."

What David, said.

Comment

Hi Vincenz

You do not put the insulation blanket on the landing. You just drape each layer of insulation over the dome. Take a look at the installation manual it will show a photo of how it should look. Good Luck

Comment

Good question! I am researching this right now. I think if you don't have to insulate the vent arch it will be easier to maintain the igloo shape.

Comment

I helped a friend install a Casa2g90 a couple of years ago. We laid chicken wire on our concrete foundation first, assembled the oven (ceramic board, sand, hearth brick, and dome sections) on top of the wire, and then pulled the wire up & over the insulation blankets. The Chicken wire was cut and pulled together so it was as tight and flat as possible over the insulation. After securing the chicken wire with lots of wire ties, the initial plaster was applied. After the plaster set, we cut the few exposed wires (across the oven opening--seen in the second picture). After several curing fires, the oven's exterior was finished with a colored stucco. I hope these pics will supplement the instructions from the Forno Bravo kit.

It's a great adventure and fun hobby...let the games begin!
              Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
              Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
              Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
              Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X