I made a tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a tool

I was having problems using a flat hoe to clean coals from a round oven. I bought a flexable replacement steel floor scrapper blade - 18 inches X 5 inches and bent it to the inside diameter of my oven. I then welded several rods to secure the curve and provide a method of inserting it into an 8 ft piece of pipe.

I made it about 2 months ago and use it at every firing. I have been looking for any problems with it, but so far, no problems identified.

The welded rod should be as far back from the ends as possible so that it can reach behind the vent opening.

Tool number 2 is a pizza turning peel. I made this because the 8 inch diameter peels were just a little small to fit under some of my larger pans. It is made from 22 gauge steel. It was cut from a 12x18 in piece and I got two 9 inch diameter peels from it.

I slit a pine pole 5 ft long to accept the metal tang, drilled two holes 1/4 inch and bolts to match - cut and fit.

Larger diameter pole make it easier to handle and twist.

Tools were metal bladed jigsaw, tin snips, compass, drill, 1/4 inch metal bit (goes through wood also) ear and eye protectors. Etc, etc
    Last edited by navyintel; 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM.

Re: I made a tool

Obviously Navy Intelligence hard at work here. I like your solution
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Smartnavyguy,

Simplify your design, and market it. I will buy two(2).

Comment

Wow, two replys so quick. I will leave marketing to more adventurous people than me.
        As for Navy Intelligence-long retired (7 years) and better forgotten.
        If you are interested, I have a pinterest site-also under navyintel - one of my hobbies is bone carving, so take a peek also I have more pics of the WFO build. More tools to follow.

Comment

How do I get to this site?

Comment

Michael L (navyintel) on Pinterest

http://pinterest.com/navyintel/
            Last edited by navyintel; 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

I was reluctant to open this string called "I made a tool"....didnt need to see pictures of someone's "tool"

Comment

I added another tool to the top of the string. I explained how I made.

ML

Comment

Working...
                X