Need more space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more space

I've been mulling over how to fix my oven problems for quite some time now. About 7 months now. I have an idea of what all needs to be done, but don't have enough room in front of my oven to do it. I have the oven built over the foam shape from Brick Wood Ovens. Unfortunately, it has a lot of flaws and I don't want to tear it down and start over if I can avoid that. Here's what I'd like to do:

1) Close up existing chimney inside dome
    2) Add smaller arch infront and close up opening, will also create the downward sloop for better heat flow
    3) Build a second arch out front and make new chimney there.
    4) Cover oven with cladding and if possible some insulation (vermicrete or fiber blanket).

My problem is that I only have enough room in front of my oven to build the first arch to close up the doorway. I need about 8-16 inches to create the new chimney as well.

Would it be possible to pour a small concrete footer in front of oven. Then build a "table" that would butt up next to the current concrete slab. I would probably drive rebar into the footer to later stack cinderblocks on for the "legs" of the table. Probably only one cinderblock deep (16"). I would of course pour concrete inside the cinderblocks and around rebar for extra stability. Then I would make a concrete slap for the "table" part our of 5000psi concrete and rebar (like I did for the part under my oven). I thought about adding a metal bar underneath to join the new one to the old one so it wouldn't move or fall forward since it will only be about 16-18" deep.

This would add an additional 16-18" infront of my oven, which is plenty of room to make the changes/additions I need to fix my poor oven problems.

All that being said. I have absolutely no concrete knowledge/experience other than what I've done on my oven so far so I don't even know if putting that addition on front is even doable or will work the way I'm hoping.

Any advise?

Shannon

Re: Need more space

Originally posted by ShannonCorum View Post
    I have the oven built over the foam shape from Brick Wood Ovens.
    Sorry, but cant anyone who bough this dodgy oven design sue for faulty goods?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
    X