Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my Primavera 70- remove underside Styrofoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my Primavera 70- remove underside Styrofoam?

I just received my Primavera 70 along with the accompanying stand. While mounting to the stand I noticed that the underside of the oven has a styrofoam insert covered by a thin layer of what seems to be some sort of foil reflective material. Does this need to be removed? The reason that I ask is that the forklift scraped some of the foil which now hangs in places. Not sure if this is a necessary insulator or something that was used for assembly that now needs to be removed.

Re: Just received my Primavera 70- remove underside Styrofoam?

The Primavera 70 has a bottom layer of ceramic board insulation held/attached to the oven hearth (floor tiles)...it may look like Styrofoam to the casual observer, but it's not. Several of us who have built our ovens included a layer of foil to provide "slip" for heat expansion movement between the refractory material and insulation. I suspect this is the purpose of the damaged foil you have noted. Do not remove the ceramic board insulation...it is critical to the proper working of the oven!

My understanding of these "complete residential" oven units is that they are designed to be placed on a stand and the owner can immediately start the curing fires. I would simply try to put the foil back into position with scotch tape or use some aluminum foil/tape to replace foil that was scraped off. The tape only needs to hold the foil in place until the oven is on its stand where the +450 pounds will keep it from ever moving again...and the small amount of tape will not affect the insulation or cause a fire hazard.

Hopefully someone from Forno Bravo or on the Forum who has actually seen/setup one of the Primavera ovens will chime in here to confirm my "guesses". Relax for the moment and trust that you've got a lot of good times coming up with the Primavera (and your friends).
    Last edited by SableSprings; 07-23-2013, 11:39 AM.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Just received my Primavera 70- remove underside Styrofoam?

You might want to give them a call at Forno Bravo, I'm sure they would let you know how to remedy this issue. I have a Primavera 60 that I absolutely love...you have many good nights of cooking headed your way.

Comment

Working...
      X