Knocking on heaven's door...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking on heaven's door...

With the oven curing i have had a go at cutting out a door from an old piece of steel i had laying around, its around 7mm thick.

See images here... still working on the handles;

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Fourlambs/library/

I really like the look of this material... but when cooking with the door closed (bread / roasts etc) does this door need vents holes in it i wonder? How will the fire breathe with no holes or will it suck enough in through the gaps?

regards

Phil
    Last edited by fourlambs; 09-13-2013, 09:54 PM.

Re: Knocking on heaven's door...

You'll want some decent sized vent holes and maybe even some way to close them to control the fire. At least that is what I am planning to do. I haven't built my door yet (still using a piece of cement board) and I have to prop it open or remove it altogether to keep a small roasting fire alive.

Comment

7mm!!? At least it will stop your wife from taking a peak inside the oven when the door is in place.....
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by fourlambs View Post
        With the oven curing i have had a go at cutting out a door from an old piece of steel i had laying around, its around 7mm thick.

See images here... still working on the handles;

Fourlambs's Library | Photobucket

I really like the look of this material... but when cooking with the door closed (bread / roasts etc) does this door need vents holes in it i wonder? How will the fire breathe with no holes or will it suck enough in through the gaps?

regards

Phil
        No holes in your door if you're baking or stabilizing your oven, its counter productive. Try to seal the gaps around your door if you plan on cooking for multiplies days.

Comment

Working...
        X