HF wet saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF wet saw

I am unable to find the threads with information on aligning the table to the blade. Can someone please post the link?

Also, when using an external water source to you just get a barb connector for a longer inlet hose? How do you handle the "used" water?

Re: HF wet saw

Russell (Utahbeehiver) provided this guide, sometime back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31939d1348924306-36-pompeii-dc-settingsaw-1-.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	607.4 KB
ID:	307088

This is the origional post from
    Last edited by Gulf; 01-03-2015, 08:36 AM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

That is what I was looking for. I spent nearly an hour trying to find it. Thank you!!!!!

Comment

Also, when using an external water source to you just get a barb connector for a longer inlet hose? How do you handle the "used" water?
        I just propped a 5gal bucket on top of a small plastic table next to the back of the saw and dropped the pump into it. The fresh water supply helped keep the smallish pump from clogging. I also rigged up a section of 4" PVC pipe from the outlet hole of the tray into a 2'x3' metal pan which allowed for quick harvesting of fireclay.

You'll want to keep a 10" length of wire handy to keep the smallish jets clear which will ensure optimum flow and longest possible blade life.

Comment

I found barb connectors to allow a.longer hose from the supply bucket to the saw. I will find a wire that works to clear the outlets. I planned to use a pvc connection to drain the pan. Perhaps a bigger piece will allow more of the grindings to empty. I will explore that.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottnDawna View Post
            I found barb connectors to allow a.longer hose from the supply bucket to the saw. I will find a wire that works to clear the outlets. I planned to use a pvc connection to drain the pan. Perhaps a bigger piece will allow more of the grindings to empty. I will explore that.

Thank you!!!

The extra length of the suction piping to the pump may give you some problems. Keeping the supply bucket as near to the saw, and at it's designed height, will probably work best.

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
            I just propped a 5gal bucket on top of a small plastic table next to the back of the saw and dropped the pump into it. The fresh water supply helped keep the smallish pump from clogging. I also rigged up a section of 4" PVC pipe from the outlet hole of the tray into a 2'x3' metal pan which allowed for quick harvesting of fireclay.

You'll want to keep a 10" length of wire handy to keep the smallish jets clear which will ensure optimum flow and longest possible blade life.
            Some great! advice from John.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Here is a pretty much fool proof way to wet cut. Use a garbage can for your clean water. Put your water pump in the can of clean water. Leave the plug, if your saw has one, out so the dirty water runs on the ground or into a 5 gallon pail. This way you are always using clean water to cut. Never clogs the pumps and keeps the brick clean. You might have to find a little larger pump as you are pumping the water higher as the pump is lower. Did all my cutting this way and did not have to keep filling the small tray that holds water.

Comment

The hose that comes with the saw is too short for that. It is only 15 inched long. I plan to extend it enough for the bucket to work.

Comment

Leave the plug, if your saw has one, out so the dirty water runs on the ground or into a 5 gallon pail
                  The morning following a cutting session should provide you with a full exhaust bucket that has cleared of brick dust (settled to the bottom) and is easily recycled back into the fresh supply bucket.

Comment

Working...
                  X