HF Wet Saw blade side movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Wet Saw blade side movement

My HF wet saw either developed or always had some side to side movement on the blade. I started having problems making the angle cuts when the blade is only cutting on one side. As it breaks out of the side of the brick.

I took the blade assembly off the saw. The 3 Philips head screws that hold the bearing assembly were very tight.

I found that the bearing is held in place by a screw that seemed to have an angle on the head. I replaced the screw with one with a slightly thicker head. ( It is a metric screw) That prevented the bearing from moving in the housing.

When I reassembled the shaft I replaced the Philips head screws with socket head screws that should be easier to remove next time.

The blade has no side to side movement now.

The photo with the gear shows the new screw. The photo with the screw is the old screw and the photo with my finger shows the screws to remove to get the shaft assembly out.

I wiped some of the grease that was packed in the housing on the gear and on the small bearing before I put it back together.

David
Working...
X