Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dogloo as a form

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Ordinary motor oil applied with a brush is quite adequate and cheap.
    Motor oil and food???? not too keen on it

Comment

It should be long gone by the time the oven turns white - actually, the tempering fires should get rid of it.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

I just did this I bought the dogloo II and hand cast ks4 I did it in 2 pieces the dome first which took 5 bags of cast able , the next day I released the dome then taped the edges where it meets the tunnel so it wouldn't bond and then cast the tunnel which took 3 bags . Casting these in 2 parts make it manageable weight wise but it will take 3 guys to move the large dome. I used Pam as a release agent and it worked flawlessly. I have trowel experience and had very little slump as I made the castable with precisely the right amount of water. We have built brick domes from scratch this is my own and wanted to cut out 2 days of work. Inner dome is surprising smooth but I really worked it in when casting. Next time I may cast in place I simply lifted the in we form and stuck a 2x4 at the edge of the castable and the from drops right out.

Comment

Ahh the good ole days. Easier to build with bricks.
          My thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
          My costs:
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
          My pics:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Originally posted by Bricksandstones View Post
            I just did this I bought the dogloo II and hand cast ks4 I did it in 2 pieces the dome first which took 5 bags of cast able , the next day I released the dome then taped the edges where it meets the tunnel so it wouldn't bond and then cast the tunnel which took 3 bags . Casting these in 2 parts make it manageable weight wise but it will take 3 guys to move the large dome. I used Pam as a release agent and it worked flawlessly. I have trowel experience and had very little slump as I made the castable with precisely the right amount of water. We have built brick domes from scratch this is my own and wanted to cut out 2 days of work. Inner dome is surprising smooth but I really worked it in when casting. Next time I may cast in place I simply lifted the in we form and stuck a 2x4 at the edge of the castable and the from drops right out.
            Pics? Come on, no fair teasing!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X