Working Temp-Refmix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Temp-Refmix

Just wanted to reiterate for cold weather bricklayers the working temperature stated in the specification is 15-30 C, 59-86F. I've never used this product but I assume you would not want to drive off the moisture (curing) too quickly. By the same token, you also do not want the water molecules in the mix to freeze. I know that doing so in other mortars results in weak joints that are more prone to failure/cracking. Also, there is a continuous stream of high heat being pulled across the arch of your oven, unlike flames kissing the dome, don't push it too quickly. Goes back to Uno's post a few months ago regarding pulling slab forms... patience.

Re: Working Temp-Refmix

Mojoe

What part of Ohio are you from? I'm in Cin. I know of another buider who's in cin as well that is almost done. I finished my foundation/walls but have to wait until next year to begin the "actual" build.

Thebadger
    Last edited by thebadger; 12-12-2007, 07:48 PM. Reason: word smith

Comment

Re: Working Temp-Refmix

I'm north of Dayton and not unlike you I am waiting for spring to finish. My oven is functionally complete, I just have to finish off a few misc item...face the concrete blocks with stone veneer, cap the chimney, tile the landing/counter, put up some cedar trim, and mount two thermocouple analog displays.

I've noticed some cold weather builders using portable shelters with heaters which seems like a viable option to continue building.

Comment

Working...
      X