oven problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven problems

We bought and have been using the pre-made Toscana 100 model. Love it. However, it is experiencing some problems. First, the mortar between the oven pieces is all cracking and falling out. Secondly, the oven floor itself is start to wear and has developed some pitting. Not sure what is causing any of this. We do live in cold climate where it does freeze from time to time. As far as we know, no water has gotten into these places to cause this. Any suggestions? Is it repairable?

Re: oven problems

Hi Sharon,

First, let me say that I am really sorry the oven is giving you problems (and happy that you love it). The good news is that we can address this.

The mortar falling in between the dome pieces should not be a problem, as there is a relatively thick band of Refmix around those joints. It sounds like some of it has chipped off and fallen in -- which should not be a problem.

On the floor pitting, this happens occasionally. It is possible that an early curing fire might have gotten a little too hot. But don't worry. Watch it closely the next few times you cook, and let us know what happens. Worse case we will send you a new floor piece and you can replace the bad one. We can talk you through it, and it isn't difficult.

I know you are talking with Tammy, and we will have one of our tech folks get in touch with you. We'll take care of this! :-)

Regards,
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: oven problems

Sharone, James and FB will assuredly keep you satisfied with the oven for years. I hope you can share more great foods and fun with the oven with the rest of us as well.

And welcome aboard.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
      X