Pumping concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumping concrete

We pumped the patio concrete this morning. Everybody showed up on time (crew, concrete and pump), and it was done in about an hour. Remarkable.

Here are some photos.

If you want your oven or outdoor kitchen foundation to go fast, this is definitely the way to go.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Pumping concrete

Can't wait to see it after it cures. Xjim says about 70 years should do it!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

We'll cover it with some tile, and it will have all eternity to cure. It's cloudy and rainy today -- perfect concrete pouring weather.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Looking good James.

Last pad I poured I used the on site mixing truck....loaded with the ingredients and mix as much as you need on site. A similar alternative...

When do we eat?
        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

I had a similar concrete pump used to lay our patio and service area. The problem was we had TORRENTIAL rain during the pour. They should have aborted and rescheduled but they were paying for the pumper by the hour.

They were supposed to oxide the top layer (dark grey) but couldn't due to the heavy rain. The finish was rough due to the weather.

Disappointed until the contractor offered to grind and expose the aggregate in the whole slab at no charge to us. The alternative was jack hammer it up and re-pour.

Two full days and several $400 grinding pad sets later and we now have smooth exposed agregate, almost like a polished concrete finish.

I paid him for his extra materials and everyone was happy.

But back to the point, these concrete pumps are fantastic, the price was only $100 per hour and as we have almost zero site access it was essential

Comment

Concrete pumps are definitely the way to go. This beast unwinds and was able to deliver concrete over the house and do the drive at the front without having to move position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Concrete pour Sept 06 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	270186

It is all done by remote control (guy in the blue shirt). A proper 'big boys toy'..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	Concrete pour Sept 06 026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	270187

Love the slate treatment on the oven and fireplace, James.

Comment

Working...
            X