IR Thermometer and residual heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IR Thermometer and residual heat

Yes it is the one from Gas Tools. They are always on eBay for $65. I just bid $65 and no one bid against me.

After firing for 2+ hours the IR gun was able to measure all temp's except pointing directly at the coals. It goes OL if you do that

I was not prepared to fork out an additional $100 for the next model up. Also I notices that FB Shop sells an IR Thermometer which measures at the same range. So I guess it is what is popular.

In summary I think it is sufficient. Even when the oven is hottest it is able to measure the dome and floor temp no problem. Also if it's says OL then it's just too damn hot to cook!

cheers

Comment

I am in the process of building an oven. I am up to the cladding stage and would like to know where to get the IR thermometer in Australia that Talisker63 obtained for $65 from Ebay in Australia.

Comment

Talisker posted that back in March, so prices and even models may have changed. I need one too, so if you figure out a good unit at a good price make sure and post it for the rest of us shoppers!

Thanks,
        Travis
        TravisNTexas

Comment

Hey guy's,

they are still on Ebay for $65 web link to the current auction is;
          Mini Infrared Thermometer -40 to 500C Laser Pointer Gun - eBay Meters, Test, Measurement Equipment, Electrical, Test Equipment, Business, Industrial. (end time 05-Nov-08 21:38:12 AEDST)

Or you can get them from the sellers eBay store at;
          eBay Australia Shop - gastools: Infrared Temperature Meters, Gas Detectors, Digital Manometers

still works great!

cheers

Comment

Hi
            I also bought one of those listed above and it works great. I recently saw a similar unit advertised in a Bunnings catelogue for around the same money so that may be easier for you.

Comment

Thanks Tasilker63, Mieno and Travis, I live in Tas and will call at Bunnings Launceston next week on way to Sydney. If can't get one at Lton will try Bunnings stores in Sydney otherwise fall back to ebay. Great to get feed back so quick, will post when I get one. I suppose other outlets sell them as well.

Paul

Comment

I recently obtained a Digitech compact IR thermommeter QM-7221 with dual laser targeting range -50 to+650 celsius from our local Leading Edge electronic store. They showed me there catalouge and ordered it in for me. Cost was $107 less $10 because I ordered another for a friend.

Comment

Like Jeff said, your oven sounds like it is still purging itself of moisture. New ovens use more fuel are hotter on the outside and cool faster. The more you use your oven the better its performance will be.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X