Looking for lighting suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for lighting suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions as to how to light the inside of my oven, and the surrounding area. I have a FB oven installed above a fireplace. The entire area is granite blocks, and there is a granite mantel in front of the oven. It's completely dark this time of year during pizza making time, and I'm finding that I'd like a lot more light. It would also be nice to light the inside of the oven. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or pictures?

The high temperatures involved make interior electrics problematic. For pizza cooking you should maintain a fire on the side anyway and this also provides an oven light. I also use a powerful led mounted onto a portable stand running on a 10 a/h 12 v battery that I use to illuminate the entrance.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

That's a thought - a portable light. But is it weatherproof - can you leave it there all the time? It would be nice to minimize things I need to transport to the oven to get set up.

Comment

Hi Dave. What I did was take some 3"can lights and swap the guts out with some landscape flood lights. It was a easy job once I found the right ones. I got them from Lowe's. So now they just come on with all the other lights . And so far I would say it provides plenty of light to see what you are doing. And if you keep a fire going in the oven you can see just fine. I don't have a pic with everything done but here was a test picture.

Randy

Comment

That looks nice, Randy, but unfortunately I don't have a roof over my oven to mount them to the underside of. Nice looking setup, by the way!
          Last edited by Dave T; 11-27-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Do you have a picture of the area so we might be able to help come up with some other ideas? There might be some other options.

Randy

Comment

Working...
            X