Reducing weight of stand and oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing weight of stand and oven

I'm building an outdoor kitchen on an existing slab with a thickened edge on one side due to the slope. There's a good footing beneath. When I look at the material list for the project, it just seems like a lot of weight. I don't want the oven to cause one edge to compress more than the other.

Besides the obvious, "Make the oven smaller", what are some things I can do to reduce the overall weight?

I'm already looking at using pumice blocks. Would like other ideas to reduce weight.

You could have a steel stand built to hold the oven. Also if you are worried about the weight you could either buy a kit or cast your own oven. That would be a lot of weight savings. If you are not careful the weight can run away in a hurry. Last time I did a tally I believe I was over 16,000#. So you are wise to not put that on a existing slab if you are worried about it.

Randy

Comment

Hi

Simple really do not use cement blocks. Do what I did and use Hebel Blocks [aerated autoclaved concrete] instead. should reduce weight substantially.

Cheers
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
      X