web analytics
Some calculator question? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Some calculator question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some calculator question?

quick question - In the dome spreadsheet calculator it provides a recommended IT length. Do you adjust this length for the cardboard expansion joint around floor (ie add a 1/4") or just edge the dome back in?

If you are leavin a gap, then yes, you need to add that to the length. IT = radius of your dome. But FWIW, 1/4" seems like an awfully big gap. That's 1/2 an inch of expansion room.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Got it. I think that's how thick the cardboard I have is. I'll see if I can find something thinner!

Comment

At around 500 C the expansion of brick is around 0.5%. So say a dome of 1.0 m (1000 mm) then 0.5% is 5 mm (just under 1/4") So 1/4" all around is about right. There would be no point in not having enough space.
        Last edited by david s; 07-24-2017, 02:57 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          At around 500 C the expansion of brick is around 0.5%. So say a dome of 1.0 m (1000 mm) then 0.5% is 5 mm (just under 1/4") So 1/4" all around is about right. There would be no point in not having enough space.
          1/4 inch all around is 1/2 inch of expansion space - 1/4 on each side
          Last edited by deejayoh; 07-24-2017, 07:02 PM.
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post

1/4 inch all around is 1/2 inch of expansion space - 1/4 on each side
            Yes that's correct and if one is going to the trouble of including an expansion joint, that's why I said "no point in not having enough space" It needs more than is required to ensure it can do its job.
            Last edited by david s; 07-25-2017, 05:52 AM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X