X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiley
    replied
    Re: chimney flow rate calculator

Bruce, cool calculator. Now I hope people will give some data of ovens that draw well.

A question regarding the calculated data and reality: If a height of door to oven ceiling height is wrong and as a consequence the oven is choked for want of air (doorway too short) or too high causing the heat to excape too quickly the temp difference may be the same but the actual draft may not be as efficient right? So it might be good if people reporting their data also state the ratio of door height to ceiling height and whether their WFO is dome or barrel?

Just trying to help improve the returned data.

Wiley

Leave a comment:

• brokencookie
    replied

Frances
    I think you input your chimney height in centimeters, my error there. All measurements are in cm except for the chimney height with should be in meters. If you change the value you will probably end up with a number less than 1000.
    My thought was that people could report of the actual value for thier working WFO and an opinion as to if their oven drew well. Then builders could preplan chimney diameter and height. We should be able to work up a minimum number for good draw.
    Hopefully members reporting would include the data on chimney size. The temperature information is fun but not as useful for our purposes.
    I have attached a new spreadsheet because I forgot to leave a few cells unlocked

Bruce
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

oohkaay....

mine equals 70418.4...
    that would be m3/s, right?

Its really cool. I love it, really! ....but what does it mean??

Leave a comment:

• brokencookie
    started a topic chimney flow rate calculator

chimney flow rate calculator

This calculation was just too good to pass up. I have attached a excel spreadsheet that will calculate your chimney flow. I protected the sheet just so you cannot accidently erase the formulas. There is no password on it if you want to modify. I also included temperature and measurement conversions for the metric challenged. Just input your data and see if it makes a difference. I would be really interested to have a few people with completed ovens provide some real data about flow rates and how well their oven draws.

Bruce
    Attached Files
Working...
X