web analytics
When can I start sequential fires? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

When can I start sequential fires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I start sequential fires?

The actual inner dome of my oven was done and has been dry for three weeks. This is the same for the layer of refractory concrete I covered the whole dome with to increase the thermal mass.

two days ago I finally put on the ceramic blanket and the perlite mix.

Yesterday I covered the whole mess with quikwall by quickcrete. Iím going to seal it today with acrylic concrete sealer.

does anyone know how long I need to wait to start the fires? Really my only concern will be the quikwall covering but I canít imagine that will see much heat with all that insulation!

Thanks!

There may be an issue with steam escaping the sealed dome- I am no expert by any means. My thought is you may begin if you havenít already. I have read that people installed a ďventĒ in the outer layer to allow moisture to escape. You could drill through to the blanket- it might even allow you to see the moisture vapor escaping. If not go Very slow.
    hopefully some of the resident experts will provide more information- good luc

Comment

PsychDoc,

This is a pretty old post.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Good answer though....

Comment

Well shut my mouth- I didnít bother to check the date. Thought it was 2019

UBCPSYC - you can definitely start the firing process

fox- thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
          X