web analytics
Arch too tall? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Arch too tall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch too tall?

Everyone I think I may be slightly boned. And I need to help to determine how screwed over I am.

I am building a 34 inch igloo style oven. I meant to do a 10 inch high arch, but screwed up and ended up with about a 12 in arch.
    I would really like to not have to pull out the arch and all pieces that attach to the arch.

I am thinking right now to leave as is. But i'm not sure of how bad it will be when I do some cooking.

What are the possible issues of having the arch too high?

If it doesn't work, i'm thinking building a new half width arch, on the inside that mortars to the current arch.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

It is not the ideal ratio, but IMHO, since the arch is done is to leave as is. Currently you are at 70.5% vs suggested ratio of 63-65% but I have seen higher arch ratios as well. Move on.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 10-01-2018, 09:14 AM.
    Russell
    Build Link............... Picassa Photo Album Link

Comment

Assuming we are talking hemispheres and semicircles here, you've got a 12" arch and a 17" inside dome for 70.5% ratio. As long as it isn't ridiculously wide, I say leave it and move on.

P.S. assuming you are doing a hemisphere your 34" dome will have a height of 17" inside. A 10 inch arch would have been 59%. A touch on the low side.
      Last edited by wotavidone; 10-01-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone View Post
        Assuming we are talking hemispheres and semicircles here, you've got a 12" arch and a 17" inside dome for 70.5% ratio. As long as it isn't ridiculously wide, I say leave it and move on.

P.S. assuming you are doing a hemisphere your 34" dome will have a height of 17" inside. A 10 inch arch would have been 59%. A touch on the low side.
        Hi.
        Is it OK for 59% of 10 inch arch ??
        Please give me suitable suggestion for build up new arch ..

Comment

would just go with what you've got. A photograph or two would help.

Comment

Working...
          X