Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use lava rock as oven floor?

Dear all,
    i am thinking of building bbq oven at my garden. I havent any experience in this kind of oven. I want my oven which can meet with different kinds such as pizza, peking duck, pork. So, may you suggest me what the standard size in this situation? I highly appreciate all suggestions given and thank you very much for your help

If you read the Forno Bravo Pompeii oven plans, they detail 2 common sizes - 36 and 42 inches. I have seen folks on this site build as small as 21 inches and much larger than 42, but the most of the builds here are in the 36 to 42 range. Below I attached dimensions for door opening height and width that might help you with your decision. You definitely want to make sure your favorite pans and cooking utensils will fit through your opening so you can make all the dishes you want. I built my oven at 39" and it is plenty big enough to make everything we want to cook, but even at that size I have a large stock pot that is so tall that I have to slide it in without the lid and then put the lid on as the handle will hit the top of my arch.
    A smaller oven is quicker to heat and will use less wood than a bigger one, but will not have as big of a cooking area and a smaller opening that might keep you from using some of your pans. A bigger oven will also take a bigger stand.

Opening Opening Ratio
    Inch ID Height Width Height
    36 36 18 19 12 66.67%
    39 39 19.5 19.5 12.25 62.82%
    42 42 21 20 12.5 59.52%
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Working...
    X