Brick Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Bond

In Spring is Sprung, Ed asked how I had tied in my angled walls so I thought I would post the photos here for him and anyone else of course.
    My walls are are one brick thick (wide) and the bond I have used is called Flemish Bond. (Alternate headers and stretchers on the same course).
    On the first course only one brick has been cut, 45deg off the corner and both bits are used.
    On the next course two more bricks are cut at the same angle and all the bits are used. A brick is cut in half, one half used this time and the other later. There is no wastage and all the cuts are straight forward.
    The third photo is is just to give an idea of the finished wall. The two courses repeat untill you get to the hight you want.
    The size 12 boots on one of the photos are optional. Not for me though.
    I hope all that is understanable, if not I am looking for an apprentice, so I can sit back and supervise.
    sigpicNever put off untill tomorrow what you can do today. If you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.

Re: Brick Bond

Thanks for posting those! That's exactly what I wanted to see. It looks like a little planning and a minimum of fuss would allow you to do almost any angle you wanted.

Cheers!

-Ed

Comment

Working...
    X