IT Pivot Point, Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT Pivot Point, Maybe

One of the most difficult problems with designing a pivot point for a an IT is finding a suitable pivot that does not have an offset from horizontal to vertical. In the case of gate hinges, there is usally a big difference.

I started thinking of camera mounts today and started looking around. This is called a Shill Mini Ball Head (under $8). The whole unit is 2" tall. The knotch on the left allows for a true 90 degree placement. It has 1/4" female threads at the base and1/4" male threads for the arm. Get rid of the plastic on the arm, the locking device on the side and attach the swivel to a properly recessed wooden brick. Perfect dead center of the dome at floor level. No need to adjust for a perfect hemi. Anyways, I bet I could hack it .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swivel.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	433399
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

I've said for years that if someone could make these things and have them be universally adjustable, they could make some dough if they marketed them right.
    My Build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
    X