Tuscan Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuscan Grill

This is the ONLY way to start charcoal. It works a treat!

Amazon.com: Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Check your local home and garden stores.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Jim,
      Go to Wal-mart and look in lawn and garden and find a meat hook. It will have a half circle hook bent perpendicular to the shaft. Then go to a hardware store or a farm supply store and make a long handled version using high carbon steel. You can put a bend in the handle to make turning meat easier.
      sigpic

Comment

Michael,
        Thanks for the tip. and I also like the idea of using charcoal in a pan in the entryway to cook meat on the Tuscan Grill. If i did that I would suggest using nothing but lump charcoal. It burns much hotter and a great deal cleaner, leaving only a small amount of dust residue in the pan. I have used those charcoal baskets to start the charcoal for years. However, with the addition of my brick oven have change to the hand held propane starter It does the trick on my starter wood piles and works great on lump charcoal. However, this charcoal method in the entryway is primarily for short hot cooks. If I was cooking larger pieces of meat, I would push the grill back in the oven and just use the wood coals for heat.
        Jim Bob

Comment

Paper towel soaked in vegetable oil is one way to start charcoal.

Comment

Working...
          X