home made compound miter brick saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made compound miter brick saw

I made a modification to my dewalt 24000 this morning and it has proven to be very useful.

I took a replacement part miter gauge from a RIGID brand table saw and incorporated it into the deck of my dewalt.

Here are the before and after photos.. it was very easy...

Re: home made compound miter brick saw

One more mod..

I removed the set screw and replaced it with a knob so I can turn it to increase the compound miter angle as I move up the dome in rows.

Comment

Few more mods..

I added a 0.3125 aluminum spacer plate between the saw neck and the base plate to raise the cutting head to clear fire bricks laid upright.

I trimmed the outer blade cover plate to allow a brick to pass under it closer to the blade retainer nut ( but not touching it )

I removed the rear water skirt.

With these mods I can now bevel a full 4.5 x 2.5 x 9 fire brick in one cut.
      Last edited by toddj; 08-16-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Todd if you don't mind I will be asking you some questions, when I get to building my oven in it's permanent location.I bought the exact same saw as you have yesterday at a local pawn shop.I just could not pass on it.I figure I can rent it out or loan it to some of my friends when they get to build there ovens.I was not sure if I could use it on brick,but the Dewalt Rep. said no problem with proper blade.I am happy to see that someone else on this forum has the same one as I have.Thanks

Comment

Thanks Castiron, if you have any questions let me know..

The miter part I used was a RIGID TH1006

Comment

Originally posted by toddj View Post
            Few more mods..

I added a 0.3125 aluminum spacer plate between the saw neck and the base plate to raise the cutting head to clear fire bricks laid upright.

I trimmed the outer blade cover plate to allow a brick to pass under it closer to the blade retainer nut ( but not touching it )

I removed the rear water skirt.

With these mods I can now bevel a full 4.5 x 2.5 x 9 fire brick in one cut.

Hi Tod,
            I?m planning to acquire 10? tile saw to cut bricks in the same way that you, but is not clear for me the form that you put the blade to cut that angle in one pass, can you place more pictures? It will help me to understand that method that you use, I?m going to appreciate you help.
            I pretend to acquire RIDIGID 10" Wet Tile Saw with Laser that is little less expensive that tile saw that you used, if I can?t use it in the same way that you I will expense more to acquire the same that you

10" Job-Site Wet Tile Saw with Laser - RIDGID Professional Tools

RIDGID 10 In. Portable Tile Saw with Laser - R4010 at The Home Depot

Saludos.

Comment

Hey i am also looking for a good Compound Miter Saw. I think you guys can help. Al trough i read an article(read) on to know best Sliding Compound Miter Saw and i decided these 3 saw:-

DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Saw (DWS709)
              Bosch CM10GD Compact Saw - 15 Amp Corded 10 in
              DELTA 33-400 14-Inch 3 Horsepower Radial Arm Saw

Now i am looking for best one in affordable pricing, So can you guys recommend me which one should i purchase. Any tip will be helpful

Comment

The compound mitre saws you are looking at are not designed to cut any kind of masonry, they are purely for timber.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                X