Water/weather proofing layer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water/weather proofing layer?

I'm thinking of using an acrylic external render to water/weather proof my WFO. I plan on using the type of render you see on buildings and brick fences these days. This is the specific product:

Multitrowel

It's an incredibly tough acrylic/sand compound. It's premixed and easy to trowel.
    I've used it many times before on other applications, but just need to know if it would be suitable to use on a WFO?

Thanks

Re: Water/weather proofing layer?

Sounds good particularly if it's got some flexibility. I think you should wait until you're 110% sure all moisture has been removed before you apply a waterproof coating, you don't want to lock any water in.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, that's the great thing about it, it's very tough and flexible, so I figured it would be perfect for the waterproofing layer. It can also be tinted just like paint and/or painted over with any other finish like Porter's Limewash or Dulux Tuscan Effects etc.
      I'll certainly wait until the hotface layer and insulating layer are completely dry before coating it with Multitex.

Comment

Try also Flexipoint or Shieldcoat flexible pointing. They are probably the same but different manufacturers.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X