Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ir thermometer

Hi All,
    Just wanted to share some info, I went online yesterday and was surprised to find SEARS.COM has quite a few IR thermometers. I bought model # 81998,
    Up too 1400 degrees,(they had it at the store for local pickup) has laser aiming and has a k input and comes with a probe that could be built into the oven, Though Im not sure its long enough or sturdy enough. I will have to do some more reading. Price was 89.99 plus a 9v battery. Testing around the house has been fun, I found out my favorite temperature for a cracklin cold Diet Coke was 39 degrees.

my question is can someone recommend where to purchase a proper probe, and where should it be located in the oven itself ?

Once again thanks to all for your help in my project as it has saved me from several Faux Paus,,,, (i think thats how you spell it )

Sincerely
    Mark
    TOGNJ

Re: Ir thermometer

Mark,

Have a look at Omega.com for probes. For pizza making, it's common to place a single probe in the middle of the hearth, about one inch from the cooking surface. This will require some precise drilling from below on your part. If you use two probes, the second one should be drilled from above into the dome material (again, about one inch from the interior surface) and at about the two o'clock position, mid-dome.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Re: Ir thermometer

thermoworks.com is also a good location...they supply us with the superfast thermapen...
      Best
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
      X