Thermal Ceramics Smoothset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Ceramics Smoothset

I have read alot about different mortars but have only found one reference to using smoothset, any thoughts?? I can source it locally and it seems to be less expensive than HS50 although still higher than making your own

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Re: Thermal Ceramics Smoothset

I used the thermal ceramics brand refractory mortar. I have no idea if the bag said "smoothset," however. If it's the same product, I found it easy to work with. I did seem to have more cracks than the average build, but not very big ones, and that could have been entirely my skill with mortar and the arid Phoenix conditions.
    Nikki

Comment

I'm using the same stuff from the same place that Nikki used, and it does say "smoothset" on the bag. I've barely started, and I have no experience to compare it to, but it seems to be ok.
      Toby

Comment

I just purchased this smooth set down in tucson. How did it end up working out with the mortar.

Comment

My oven has been working well for over a year now. I call the thermal ceramics a win.
          Nikki

Comment

Thanks, That is what I purchased and Just wanted to make sure

Comment

Been working in my oven since last summer, so 2 hairless thumbs up from me!
              Toby

Comment

Working...
              X