7" Tile Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" Tile Saw

Hi, I am getting close to bricking my oven and was wondering if this saw would do the job. The main thing I'm worried about is if the brick will fit under the blade while cutting. Thanks for any help

BRAND NEW HUSKY 7" WET TILE SAW

Re: 7" Tile Saw

I'm pretty sure this is the same as the MK 7" saw, just rebadged Husky. No it won't cut through a fire brick on one pass. I started out with an older MK 7" and actually went to the trouble of building a new rolling table that would just barely cut through the bricks before hitting the arbor.....then the bearings went out...so I bought a 10".
    Not sure in Harbor Freight exists north of the border or if import duties for you are too high, but for around $200 you get a pretty darned good 10" saw that will cut through fire brick in on pass.....like a hot knife through butter.

RT

Comment

There's a Harbor Freight store in Syracuse, NY - Not too far from Toronto. Like RT said, you would need to figure out what the duty would be or just hope they don't check your trunk.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Harbor Freight here in Rochester too and maybe Buffalo--saw is on sale for the next week or so and it does not look or work like a cheap unit. Diamond blade another $30 and together they really do a heck of a job. It is much heavier than I expected so my plan to use sawhorses on rough ground proved less appealing. I went back and paid the extra $40+ for the wheeled stand which also is deceptive in that it looks unsubstantial but is tight and right with the weight of the saw on it. The laser thermometer is also on sale for more than 50% off so you can get quite a bang for your buck. I sprang for the 2 year insurance under which they promise to replace either if they stop workig during the next two years.
        The only drawback so far--my wife realized it could cut bricks,slabs and stuff for the garden ! John

Comment

Alright you guys convinced me. I'm going to Iowa next month for business, maybe we will just happen to drive past a harbor freight.

Thanks for bringing me to my senses

Comment

Don't worry. Everyting will be OK.

Comment

Working...
            X