***Cheap FireWood in NJ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Cheap FireWood in NJ***

Found this on craigslist, I have bought Slabwood from this guy for a counter top, 4 inch thick by 8 foot long x 30 deep, Hard Maple $100.00 and he has tons of really nice wood... He also has tons of Firewood, as you can see in the pics is the cutoffs from the logs, They are a real sawmill,
    $25 A BUNDLE (APPROXIMATELY .75 CORD)
    SAWMILL SLABWOOD; ALL TYPES OF HARDWOODS (SOME SOFT) PICK UP ONLY!!
    WE WILL LOAD ONTO TRAILER; MUST HAVE 12' MINIMUM LANDSCAPE TRAILER OR DUMPTRUCK!!!
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER VECHILE, DO NOT BOTHER CALLING!!
    (973) 299-6100
    what do you guys think,, should dry quick, but will all the bark bother anything ??

Mark
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM.

Re: ***Cheap FireWood in NJ***

a little bit of bark would not worry me.

But poplar mixed in and other softwoods would.

Poplar pops ash on my pizzas (ask me how I know!)

It's also not so easy (for me) to tell seasoned poplar from other woods like cherry or butternut.

Still looks like good stuff to me!

My pallet company source is still not operating due to lack of work - I'm going to need to find another source soon!

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Christo, you have trouble with poplar?
      My new source has a ton (literally several). I burned some last weekend, other than a bit of cracking (no loud pops), I had no issues. Not sure if kiln drying matters, but, mine is all kiln dried cut offs from cabinet and millwork shops.
      Just to be safe, I will save my good oak and hickory for when the cooking begins, use the poplar for heat up.

RT

Comment

me too - anything that looks like poplar and softwood used for heat up and switch to oak or hickory for dinner time!

my poplar is not kiln dried.

Christo
        My oven progress -
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
        sigpic

Comment

I have used poplar, But luckily it was sitting for almost 2 years, seemed to work fine but i will remember to use it for heating up in the future..

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X