Granite Preparation Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite Preparation Surface

I went shopping today for a granite work surface for pizza making. Managed to find a lovely piece of black granite that I am now having polished up to become a portable pizza preparation area.

Can cancel my gym membership now - I will get all the exercise I need just moving it around!!!

Collecting it on Wednesday - pics to follow..

Rossco
    / Rossco

Re: Granite Preparation Surface

Drool!

Get a slab of butcher block while you're at it - someone is bound to blunt your best knives on the granite unless you give them their own place to play.

Knife v. Stone - knife never wins...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

As my oven build has reached the floor-configuration stage, one of my visions is to build a roll-around cart with a marble/granite top and 6" tall 'walls' to frame the sides and back of the work surface. I envision a stone of a lighter color since the temperatures frequently get in the 100's here in southern california.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Archena View Post
        Get a slab of butcher block while you're at it - someone is bound to blunt your best knives on the granite unless you give them their own place to play..

Good idea... though I tend to do the chopping elsewhere and then just make the pizzas "on site" so not much need for knives at that point. Hopefully nobody will show up and try and help - armed with the Wusthof!!!

Rossco
        / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
          ...one of my visions is to build a roll-around cart with a marble/granite top ...
          Now that is an excellent solution!!!

Always so much stuff to round up and take to the "site"... then always something forgotten when the hands are all full of toppings!!!!
          / Rossco

Comment

I collected it tonight - the granite has a beautiful colour (black with gold specs). Very pleased with it - so much so that I am making a celebratory batch of pizza on it (to cook on the pizza stone)!!!
            Last edited by heliman; 10-07-2009, 05:03 AM.
            / Rossco

Comment

Ooooohhh!!!! Purdy!!!!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X