chipped oven floor bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chipped oven floor bricks

hi guys! love forno bravo never off it .
    i have just recently purchased my fire bricks ,there actually furnace bricks but the edges on said bricks are not as smooth as i thought they would be .
    so the question is when im laying the bricks for my hearth are thes rough edges going to cause problems with my peel i.e catching chiping the bricks?

Re: chipped oven floor bricks

You should be OK if you lay them in a "herringbone" pattern so that the edges are at a 45 degree angle to you door opening. The peel won't catch the edges.

Comment

Re: chipped oven floor bricks

andy,
      also ensure that the bricks ate flat and their front edges (nearest the oven opening) and not higher than the one in front. Spend some time getting this right and you will have no problems with your peels on the hearth.
      If you have trouble getting your bricks nice and flat, you also have the advantage of being able to grind them down flay but I suggest that you do this before completing your dome. The dust will make it impossible for you to see and breathe and it will also adversely damage your grinder motor!
      The small gaps caused by the chipped bricks will fill with ash or you could mortar them in with a good quality refractory adhesive, but I think that they would need to be a reasonable size and depth as a small patch will soon come off leaving the gap. You could leave say a 3mm gap between your bricks and then force the refractory adhesive well down into the joint for the best and most durable results.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
      X