Dough isn't crispy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dough isn't crispy

If you add malt or sugar and a little bit of oil to your dough it will certainly brown more, and likely make it crisper.

Comment

You also mentioned a concern about fresh semolina. I wouldn't worry to much about fresh as far as flour goes. That may be part of your problem. If the flour you have is too fresh (ie recently milled) then it will be very starchy without many simple sugars. Flour that has sat around for a few months will have more sugars as the enzymes will have had time to breakdown the starches.

Comment

finally got my Caputo flour and did the first pizza with it. We were very happy with the results. We paid closer attention to the fire this time, removing a good bit of the ash toward cooking time. We then bumped the fire back up to get that rolling flame and cooked on about an 800 degree hearth. It is a noticably better crust with more flavor and more crispiness. I made the dough 2 days before the bake and do believe that it improves with time to develop in the fridge.

The morels were sooo good!!

I have learned so much here, thanks to you all

Comment

If your sauce is too thin then your dough will have a hard time crisping up.

You pizza also looks too thick, I have great results stretching 250g doughs to 12 inch pies.

Your fire will heat the cooking floor better if you push it to the side instead of the back. This has to do with the way the natural convection pattern works in the oven.

Lastly, most pizza places re-heat their pizza slices, this makes them crispier. If I have guests over (4-6 people), I'll cook everyone's pizza and then re-heat them for 30 seconds back in the WFO. This way I get to eat WITH my guests too!

Comment

Working...
          X