pizza dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza dough

I am slightly confused here a little help please .
    I am about to try the forno bravo pizza dough recipe for the 1st time .It looks great as I have been trying to get my dough right for some time.

After the dough been left to autolyse the next step " add the salt and yeast and mix the dough for a further 5 mins "
    The recipe states 325g to water to the 500g flour .The active dry yeast requires 150 ml water to activate .
    At the point where I am adding salt and yeast is this activated yeast in the 150ml of water or is it dried unactivated yeast mixed in with the salt and dough ?

Re: pizza dough

I have only made it four times so far but I used an active dry yeast which I activated with warm water following the directions on the packet of yeast. I am new at this but my dough seemed to turn out pretty well.

Comment

I also only use ADY these days but have experimented with "fresh yeast" which requires dissolving in warm water first. I used the complete 325 ml for this purpose and brought it up to room temp first to get it activated...

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

Use instant yeast. That way you don't have to activate it and you can mix it in dry. (NOTE: if you don't activate regular dried yeast it will be very slow to get going. The instant dried yeast has a higher content of live yeast cells).

Good Luck!
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        X