Pizza Restaurateurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Restaurateurs

I asked permission from Peter to start a thread at Pizza Quest for the professional pizza maker. We are opening an artisan coal-fire pizza restaurant here in Louisville, Kentucky. We have been in the food business for the past 24 years but this is our first restaurant. I don't know if there are many of you out there looking to start your own restaurant or have established pizza places but I thought this might be a place we could tap into the pizza community to discuss the various challenges in providing an artisan product at restaurant volumes.

Re: Pizza Restaurateurs

We received this email link from a guest viewer on Pizza Quest. I thought I would pass this along. I think any restaurateur would be interested in it.

Brad

Email:
    Thought you might be interested in this podcast from APM's The Story - it's about Detroit Pizza (ever heard of it?) and persistence...

The Comeback Business — The Story from APM[/FONT]

Comment

Thanks Brad. I appreciate the link.

Comment

I would also like to make a career change. I was thinking of looking for a mentor to trade free labor for teaching me the business.

Comment

Have you tried making artisan style pizzas? I have a college student who sent me photos of his pizzas that blew me away. I don't know if I can upload a photo here but I was floored at what he had accomplished in his kitchen. As a restaurant owner I want that kind of person behind the paddle. If you go to my facebook at Coals Artisan Pizza you will be able to see his pictures. If anybody knows how to upload a photo here I would be happy to do that as well.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by artisan style pizzas. I do make my crust from sourdough if that's what your referring too. I don't need help with the pizza making end or the business of business end, I need help with the successful pizza business end. I guess the do's and don'ts is what I'm missing.

My partner is from Louisville and was wanting to know what part of town you will be doing your restaurant.

Comment

I am new to the restaurant business so I don't know if I could offer you much in the way of mentoring. We did own an Italian food business for twenty years that serviced customers such as Tyson, Sam's Club and Trader Joe's. What we bring to the table in this venture are systems and Haacp knowledge as well as manufacturing quality foods in large volumes. Fortunately a restaurant is a smaller business model to something we have done in the past. The difference here is that we will be ale to concentrate on every single pizza coming out of the kitchen.

Small world about your partner! We are opening up the restaurant in St. Matthews at the Old Vogue center.

Comment

Working...
              X