Heard of this method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of this method?

Get a ?-inch-thick sheet of steel from a metal fabricator (Search online for a local one), have it cut to the size of your oven shelf and insert it in the rack closest to the broiler. Preheat the oven at its highest temperature for ? hour, then turn on the broiler and slide your pizza onto the metal plate. It should emerge perfectly cooked in 1.5 to 2 minutes.

Curious if the home user could use this without investing in a pizza stone?

Re: Heard of this method?

Originally posted by burgeoningbaker View Post
    Curious if the home user could use this without investing in a pizza stone?
    I assume you meant oven...?
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

A recent thread on this topic. If anyone has done it, they didn't admit it here.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ven-15396.html
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I can't see a cost benefit if you are looking for a cheaper option than a stone for your home oven. A 1/4" sheet of steel, cut by a fabricator to fit your oven, could easily cost as much as a stone; unless said fabricator is a close friend. Most shops won't mess with small requests such as this unless the customer is willing to pay dearly. Simply too disruptive to there production. Just the steel cost alone may equal the cost of a stone. I made my first WFO door from an a 18" x 24" piece of 1/4" boiler plate. The cheapest supplier was $19. Figure at least double that cost for a piece large enough for a home oven.

RT

Comment

Working...
        X