Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

Hi, I am in the UK and have been making pizza for a while, but need some advice regarding dough handling for larger quantities from a mobile van. At times I will need to use thawed, frozen dough balls and I need to keep these in a workable condition for a period of maybe up to 6 hours once thawed. I will be keeping them in covered dough trays, but do I need to keep these at a lower than room temperature, or can I keep them at room temp OK? I will need to be able to just grab a ball and stretch and cook it, so need them to be in good usable condition as and when they are needed over the 6 x hour (max) period.

Many thanks, Simon

Re: Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

Cold dough never seems to cook how I want it to, but I would suggest placing your doughballs at various temperatures for specific times and then cooking some pizza.

Comment

Yes I've found that cold dough is not good, but is there a time limit that people have found for keeping dough covered, but not refrigerated, before it does not perform as well? (i.e. really hard to stretch/handle etc)

Comment

That would depend on how your dough was mixed, how much yeast you used etc...

Comment

If possible stagger when you take your dough from freezer, to fridge, to room temp. For the most part, form what I have read, 2 hours from fridge to use is optimal.
          Now saying that, I have had ok success after 3.5 hours but much past that the dough has over proofed and just isn't "right".
          If possible, give a dry run and see what works best in your conditions.

Comment

Working...
          X