Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten Free

Peter,
    Any update on when the new Gluten Free Cookbook will be out? With 3 out of 4 in the house with Gluten allergies, we have been waiting for this book. Any chance there could be a Gluten free area on the website? It would make it so much easier to find recipes as a search for Gluten Free brings up lots of non gluten free hits. Thanks

Re: Gluten Free

Hi dlebla,
    I have friends who are also gluten sensitive requiring me to provide gluten free dough bases.
    I usually use the FB standard recipe but with the gluten free flour which I purchase from our specialty bread ingredient supplier.
    May I suggest that you do a Google search for 'Gluten free pizza recipe", you will be amazed at the number of responses but many seem very similar, but well worth a try to give you some alternatives.

Cheers,

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I have not yet tasted a good gluten free pizza.

Comment

Im looking for any good gluten free recipes. Especially breads and pizza. Everyone has recipes, but its so hard to find good ones, that's why I'm hoping Peter's new book comes out soon as I hope his will be much better then anything I have tried to date.
        Last edited by dlebla; 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggliato View Post
          I have not yet tasted a good gluten free pizza.
          I also have not liked the gluten free varieties. I have tried Einkorn flour which isn't gluten free but may be OK for non celiacs. You can do your own research on this. The author of wheat belly notes a much lower spike in blood sugar as compared to whole wheat flour. I find that einkorn is almost as good as regular wheat and I have had some guests prefer the einkorn crust. I imagine someone like Peter Reinhart with some tweaking would come up with rations that really worked great. It is a little moist and doesn't quite stretch so I get tears if try to get too thin. I don't' care about the gluten free aspect, for me it is not wanting wheat belly but still wanting my pizza.

Comment

I have not heard of this before and will have to look into it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X