Cold fermintation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold fermintation

I am not really comfortable in giving advice on making dough. I do it my way and it works, but in the past I have been accused of heresy for the way I do other things.

What I do is hand-mix small batches until they reach a degree of uniformity. I let them rise on the bench, 70-80 degrees, until they double, sometimes it is 45 minutes, sometimes 4 hours. I then stretch and fold 6 or 7 times, form, cut, and ball them. From there they are usable from the same day and are prime for 3 days, good for a week, and suitable for drunken kitchen oven pizza out to a couple 3 weeks.

Comment

Re: Cold fermintation

Tscar,

like it or not, your video and technique applied to the FB recipe is my go to....and I thank you for that.

I honestly have never tried to use "your" dough same day - I have always balled and refrigerated for at least 18hrs. I will try using same day and see what I get.

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
      I am not really comfortable in giving advice on making dough. I do it my way and it works, but in the past I have been accused of heresy for the way I do other things.

What I do is hand-mix small batches until they reach a degree of uniformity. I let them rise on the bench, 70-80 degrees, until they double, sometimes it is 45 minutes, sometimes 4 hours. I then stretch and fold 6 or 7 times, form, cut, and ball them. From there they are usable from the same day and are prime for 3 days, good for a week, and suitable for drunken kitchen oven pizza out to a couple 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X