Italian Food Safari - Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Food Safari - Tonight

Includes a bit on Buffalo Mozarella (I didn't know they made it here)...

Italian Food Safari
    7.30pm – 8pm SBS
    ------------------------------

Guy visits Far North Queensland to learn how buffalo mozzarella is made and the secret of its taste and texture. He then shares his recipe for Caprese salad with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Suckling lamb is a dish of celebration in Italy and Robert Marchetti of Icebergs, Sydney, shares his recipe. Next, a Calabrese lunch hosted by Perth butcher Vince Garreffa, with a delicious veal shoulder on the spit, served with homemade pasta. Vince and his wife Anne also show the secrets of cotoletta with capsicum and tomato sauce. The show finishes at the home of presenter Guy Grossi, who keeps Sundays sacred for the event of the day - lunch - the epitome of the Italian philosophy of la dolce vita (life is sweet). Ciao!
    / Rossco

Re: Italian Food Safari - Tonight

I didn't know either. I have never seen any for sale but I will keep my eyes open and hopefully will get to try it some time.
    Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
    (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Damn i missed a fair bit of that show sounded like an interesting episode.
      Robert

I love watching my crust rise and change colour in my WFO.

Comment

Robs,

You can watch the full episode online at SBS Video Player the segment on the mozarella was the start.

Paul
        Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
        (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

The vid should be available online on the Italian Food Safari website.

I have only seen Buffalo Mozarella avaikable at places like the Re Store in Perth - at about $14 for a few pieces (which I wasn't prepared to pay). Think it was Italian import though.
          / Rossco

Comment

Rossco,

I missed that final episode and the video hasn't been working on SBS website

However, I have tried that North QLD buffalo mozzarella - there are pizza shops here in Brisbane that use it, and I found a deli that sells it by weight at a semi-reasonable price. Will try cooking with some soon; I'm told it's only really good if cooked at high temp.

Then again, it tasted great on a pizza at Vapiano and they cook at 299 degrees electric.
            My Clay Oven build:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...dah-12821.html

Comment

Working...
            X