Exciting new find - Italian Tipo "00"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exciting new find - Italian Tipo "00"

Great news Scott ... as long as your wife is pleased everything will be fine!!! ;-)

BTW - have you tried the Allied Mills - Superb Baker's Flour yet? I find that to be the best all rounder and the price is "Superb" too. Neill from SA has also reported good results from what I can recall too so if you haven't given it a go - definitely worth doing so. Apart from Variety Foods, I have also seen it available at Kakula's in William Street and also Pisconere in Mt Lawley supplying it...

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

Scott.
      Have you tried adding about 7% semolina to your dough mix? It makes it delightfully crunchy.
      Dave
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Dave,
        No mate, not as yet...but was thinking about it when I was making my last dough batch...I think I will have to give it a go next time I make some up. Rossco, not as yet but it must be pretty cheap when I consider 1 kg of the flour I was using costing I think about $3-4. Will have to try it soon.

Scott

Comment

Ok so I've now used this flour enough that I can actually judge it.

This flour is fantastic! The results I have been getting have just got better and better, I've been beating my head against the flat dry pizza bases I've been making wondering what was wrong? My first batch was good, but it really shines at a 65% hydration! Airy and chewy with a fantastic taste! No one has had anything bad to say about my bases lately. Coles have had this on special most weeks so I've stocked up. I'd reccommend this to anyone who has it available to them.

Comment

Good to hear that you found it to be a good product!
            / Rossco

Comment

In case you're nearby, Swansea Markets in east Victoria park has Italian high protein pizza flours
              BestPizzaPeel.com - Pizza Peel Reviews, Best-buys and Tips

Comment

Just to let you know there is a very cool European Providore in Como called Scutti on Angelo Street. They have some good pizza flour (always seems to be sold out when I get there) and some excellent produce. I always get excitied when I go in there, having a Polish/european background...looking at all that smoked meat hanging makes me hungry!! Anyone around that area have a look inside, Im sure u will like what u see.

Comment

Working...
                X