Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy my pizza tools, any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy my pizza tools, any recommendations?

Hi All,

I'm still building my oven but i am the point where i need to start buying some tools, especially the double sided broom (broom with scraper on the other side). I pretty much need all my tools.

There's some cheap offers in the U.S but either they don't ship to Aus and/or i am worried how customs will assess the wood.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good quality (but $$cheapish$$) tools? Aus or sydney based ....

Starting to run out of funds, but seeing my oven near completion keeps me happy

Cheers~!

Gi

Re: Looking to buy my pizza tools, any recommendations?

HI,
    Kitchenwearhouse has some good tools...but do tend to cost a little more. For the broom, I went to Bunnings and bought a woodern broom pole, a copper welding brush and two hose clamps. Put it all together..and you find it doesnt look too pretty but does the same job a $130 brush does. For a pizza peel, you can go to a bakers supplies shop and buy a long handled woodern one for about $30 or hunt around and you can find a steel peel for around the $60 - $100 mark. For a scraper you can make one easy enough if you dont want to buy one.

Good luck
    Scott

Comment

I have found peels cheap enough online I'm at the stage I want to start buying tools as well.

I found this site with cheap peels not sure on postage though

Pizza Accessories Wholesale Hospitality Supplies Australia

I'm sure there'll be a place close by where you can pop over and grab a cheap one.

Comment

I bought the three piece set from Forno Bravo:

Pizza Oven Tool Sets :: Forno Bravo Store

And they work well.

Comment

Hi there, as you are in Sydney I recommend Euroquip - they are in Revesby.
          Euroquip

They are not cheap though. Their range is huge and the product is commercial quality. It really is superb using these quality peels and accessories. If you look after them they will last forever. Buy once but buy quality is what i say.

Comment

Thanks for the replies~

I'm starting to thing if i should try and make my on tools .. hahaha

but have a feeling in the end i'd probably pay around the same $ if not more

I'll keep looking and post good finds when i find them

Comment

I have been running my oven for about 18months now and still haven't bought a broom. I made my own peel out of sheet stainless steel cut to shape and bolted that to a stainless pole. I also made up one with a shor lendth of sheet bent at 90 degrees to scrape and push the coals around. An accidental design feature is that you can blow down the pole and blow all the ash off the oven floor. Some does come out the front but most goes up the chimney.

Cheers
              James
              Real men cook with fire
              My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

Dear Gummz
                fins attached my homemades

Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	284309

The Peel is made from.9mm aluminium which makes it easy to slide under items in the oven. Trust me Mark 1 was 2mm thick and was great at pushing things into the flames. yes its a bit floppy but you use it to transport things in an oven not around the yard. I just polish with a little dry flour and things slip off real smooth.

The rake is made from 2mm aluminium... thick enough so it doesn't bend. works well but hard to get in to round corners at the front. Thought I mod it or make Mark 11 but it works well enough for me not to bother.Made most of the tools from aluminium so the would not harm the hearth bricks

The thing that looks like a harpoon is a fire poker and general all round tool. It was invented by JAS and is basically a metal tent peg attached to a metal curtain rod. Its a little cracker... cant beat it for pushing and pulling logs and fire and things around an oven. Its got a bit of weight to it which is what you want. Great to for pulling out a heavy roasting dish as well.

Brush not shown as its still being reconstructed was basically a Brass wire suede brush screwed to a wood handle. Unfortunatly mark 1 was left in the entrance way while I was distracted and copped a good scorching. Havn't decided on a more fireproof version or just to take more care as the first worked well

Hope something here will help
                Regards Cobbler Dave
                Measure twice
                Cut once
                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                My Door
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hi C Dave,

Thanks for the pictures,, i've been doing some bunnings runs for ideas and possible "donnor parts". My primary tool i need to either buy or make is a broom + raker.

Anyone know where to get a good brrom head?? i saw a small fireplace brush,, looks like they use "cocoa fibers"...??

I also saw a small steel metal peg, which i think when i put it on its side "could" be used as a raker ... but i dunno how it will last against the heat...

Cheers

Gi

Comment

I bought my brass wire brush head off Epay and it landed here for about a 1/4 of the local price.
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks for the tip I checked ebay Australia and nothing then I checked ebay.com and found this

New Pizza Oven Brass Wire Bristle Brush w/ scraper 10" (eBay item 120680829057 end time 13-Feb-11 09:27:36 AEDST) : Business Industrial

I snapped up the last one.
                      All up $18 including shipping and I supply my own pole.
                      Gotta love ebay

PS - I just sold my cement mixer which I purchased of ebay late last year and made $80 profit on it.

Comment

That was cheap..

You owe me a pizza.
                        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi GI,
                          I went to Bunnings and brought a couple of bannister brushes, a couple of slight mods to the brushes, I have been using these for about a year now, just starting to show signs of wear, also the peel I made out of .9mm stainless sheet that I picked up cheap at a local fabrication shop, Hope the photos might give you some ideas?

Cheers,
                          Gary

Comment

I was thinking of getting this but doesnt it need to have the handle on the other side so the whole thing is skinny?

Restaurant Supplies at FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Comment

I was thinking of getting this but doesnt it need to have the handle on the other side so the whole thing is skinny?

Restaurant Supplies at FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X