Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aussie Chit Chat

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Youre not alone Doug, no consolation but I have had the worst toughest 2 years in the trade, luckily my Princess works in childcare.

I seem to work harder and get paid less than I did 20 years ago.

All the shit rough brickies pick up the work for the same money I charge, I dont get it?
    Yeah Im hearing you... I am a chippy!

It just seems that when you quote, some moron wants to do the job for less than you can buy materials for!

I have been busier than I ever have been, doing repairs & maintenance with Real estates etc... hard to get into but once you are in its harder to get rid of than herpies!!!

on another note
    I havent lit my oven up for a couple of months, I havent been able to get onto wood that isnt green, & we all know its a pain trying to get an oven up to temp with GREEN WOOD

Anyway, it seems that that there are some motor mad fans here as well.....anyone like th V8's????
    who are these children? & why are they calling me dad?

Comment

Hey Doug,
      Maybe you should make and sell WFO's they don't cost anything to heat, if you get the wood free, use carbon that's already in the system and therefore save you heaps of $$$ win win.
      Dave
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Knackers View Post
        .anyone like th V8's????
        Owwh yeah, old rev head from way back.
        Heres my ride, 5.4l of pure grunt.
        Last edited by brickie in oz; 06-13-2013, 10:57 PM.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
          Time for a change of Government me thinks.
          Too true, but Tony Rabbit?
          They say you get the Government you deserve, but WTF have we done to deserve this lot?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I've got a VE SS-V 6.0L Commordore!!!

Bought it a few years ago and love it to death

Reality is only an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol!!!

Comment

With a motor that big the govt. might require you to pay carbon tax.I did a conservative estimate of fuel consumption on my recumbent and it uses 0.10/100Km coal powered of course.

Comment

Originally posted by moyboy View Post
                I've got a VE SS-V 6.0L Commordore!!!

Bought it a few years ago and love it to death
                Mhmmm noice.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                  With a motor that big the govt. might require you to pay carbon tax.I did a conservative estimate of fuel consumption on my recumbent and it uses 0.10/100Km

You've made me and baby Jesus cry!!!!

Bloody what can we expect with a red head running the country lol
                  Reality is only an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                    With a motor that big the govt. might require you to pay carbon tax.I did a conservative estimate of fuel consumption on my recumbent and it uses 0.10/100Km
                    You need to quote Dave.
                    I assume me.
                    I cant change my ride, I cant change the distances I travel to work, I cant change the power required to turn the mixer for me to make a quid.

Edit: I cant charge any more for it too, I will just have to absorb the extra cost, so where is the benefit?
                    Last edited by brickie in oz; 07-12-2011, 02:19 AM. Reason: Edit: I cant charge any more for it too, I will just have to absorb the extra cost, so where is the benefit?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

times are tough and it makes me mad when you keep hearing how great our economy is and how interest rates will rise rise due to this 2 speed economy. I don't get it, people are struggling all over the country and we keep hearing how rosy things are. Has anyone looked at our share market lately things are far from rosy. People aren't spending and a lot of small businesses are suffering.
                      Interest rates will most likely rise again and more pain will be the result but things are rosy and they say the Australian economy is the envy of the world.

Comment

Oscar whats the worry, Gina Reinhart and Forrest Gump have lots of money from our soil.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Come up to our part of the world. An unskilled bloke can make over $100,000 just driving a truck at a mine site, more for jobs that require skills. Place is full of cashed up bogans.

Comment

Maybe I should go and drive trains in the West or North and get some of that resource money.
                            Seriously though I have a safe well paid job and am thankful for that but haven't got my head up my ass and can see people are hurting with high interest rates, high food prices, high house prices uncertainty in the work force etc etc.
                            i don't get it how can someone please explain.

On a bright note that's one nice car you have there moyboy

Comment

This is my baby

Comment

Talk about a shock wake up call, my labourer called me a 5.15 this morning to tell me he was crook.
                                My ring tone is Thunderstuck.....
                                Good song, but at 5.15?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X