Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st build

G'day everyone

Over the last year and a half I have read this forum and learnt much from everyones opinions/advise.

I started building a 1 metre internal size dome wfo in the first week of December 2010. My aim was to cook Christmas dinner in the wfo and I will achieve that this year in 2011, 12 months latter than planned. If I'm honest 3 1/2 weeks to complete a build while working was slightly optimistic! The first pizza was cooked in the oven back in end of January 2011.

The oven is nearly finished. It needs the final texture coat and some paint on the dome. The wfo floor is currently about 1.7 metres above the ground as I haven't built the deck in our pergola yet. To many good ideas, and not enough hours in a day!

Thank you for all the great advise and to a mate in Adelaide who has also built a wfo.

Cheers Andrew

Re: My 1st build

More photos....

Comment

And more photos....

Comment

Another batch of photos.

Comment

Getting close to the 1st pizza

Comment

1st pizza

Comment

Excellent work Andrew, looks absolutely fantastic.. excellent attention to detail. How has it been so far with the small chimney? any drawing issues?

Such a relief getting that first pizza cooked isnt it! something I wont forget..

Comment

The chimney is 150mm in diameter and 2.3 metres tall. It also has a 200mm offset to help it clear the pergola roof. The first 20 minutes or so after lighting i get a bit of smoke out the front. Once the dome starts to warm up there are no issues.

What size flue did you put on your oven?

Comment

My oven is a 36inch with a 8inch flue.. (insulated with a 10inch over the top..).

so.. 200mm diameter..

What I find helps alot is make yourself a blast door, or use wood board, so that only 50-100mm is exposed at the bottom for air to come in. I find this accelerates the wood burning and stops smoke coming out the front. Helps avoid ugly black smoke stains on the front too!

Comment

Re the smoke out the front on light up - the 'outer' door has reduced smoke to virtually nil on start up.............

U Dont Have 2 Have a Long Neck 2B1

Comment

Originally posted by The Goose View Post
                      Re the smoke out the front on light up - the 'outer' door has reduced smoke to virtually nil on start up.............
                      Do a search on the forum for blast doors.
                      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Yep spot on goose. Works so well doesnt it!

Comment

Working...
                        X