Bacterium's 2nd build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bacterium's 2nd build

Cool Damon, Im starting to think about the flew now myself.How the cost compare to a single flew?
    My build. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ton-18665.html

Comment

Wayne73
      Have a look at the Online combustion heating catalogue for Air Diffusion agencies

From my research for 8inch ID

Single skin stainless probably around $100 - $250 depending on quality/height/cowl

Double cased ( 3 walls) tends to be more around $500-$600 because of the added complication to get through a ceiling and roof space etc.
      Eg roof box, flues x 3, cowl, dektite, spigot plate and so on.

Obviously a trade/wholesale buy will get the price down

I found its usually cheaper to buy the kits and just add/remove extras
      Cheers
      Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

ok got my head around the voussoirs to attempt the outer arch.......as per great advise from you guys.

Made a cardboard cutout, did a dry run on the ground. This helped me work out the common cut angle to get the spacing. I used some old left-overs bricks as a trial run (they had too many dings & cracks for oven).

It was pretty accurate except for one spot where I stuffed it up - 6th brick up on the right.

Outer arch is separate from inner arch (white foam in picture shows the gap) to give me a thermal break - will probably use vermicrete to fill the gap.

So now I'm up to the flue transition area. Will dry lay the last layers from here then take them out to cut the hole/chute to go up into the flue plate (stainless steel square plate with round riser hole for flue).

How do people generally attach and seal the stainless steel plate to the brick work at the top of arch please?
        Last edited by Bacterium; 05-05-2013, 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling
        Cheers
        Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Damon,

This is what I did but I am sure there are lots of other ways to fasten your anchor plate.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hey Damon,

Looks pretty good mate!! I am about at the same point as you. Trying to figure out how to mount the chimney base plate.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Hi Damon

Looking good not far now to PIZZAAAAAAAAAA.

One question why such a deep outer arch looks like 2 bricks deep. Have i got that right.

Keep photos coming am interested in how you complete this part of the build
              Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Nice front arch. its built like you meant it and not just two arches butted together as an after thought.
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks guys. Brickie using the scrap bricks was a big help in dry run.

Wife was out for a couple hours and got home on Saturday expecting arch to be standing......what's going on. She finds me in a puzzled state with cardboard on the floor nowhere near the oven.
                  ..you been on pizza p0rno again....!!!! She asks..!!

Meanwhile I discovered some foam renderpanel in nearby skip as rubbish. Perfect as a base to my form . So once built add petrol (no flame) and the foam will reduce.....form lowers and just pull out in one piece. Any local Adelaide fellas want a template just ask me.
                  All of this come about by others:......first my son discovered the panels piece as he wanted to play with them.....and second the petrol was suggested by a work colleague

Colin my outer arch is driven by 2 things for me.
                  First one..... last oven was only 1.5 bricks deep and I wanted a slightly deeper arch so the smoke doesn't come out the front this time.
                  Second...... Where the flue has to go up throught the eave.....to far back and the flue dektite would end up in the gutter. Too far forward and whole oven would have to sit onto the alfresco footing.
                  Obviously taking into account reach and other stuff as well.
                  Cheers
                  Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Russell I think your pictures are great. I'm thinking of cutting the arch bricks to transition the hole throught but also doing some square bricks on top of the arch to take the plate..

My situation is this is about 500mm from the eave ceiling..... Rather than just go from the single wall up to the ceiling box ( ceiling box is to protrude 300mm below eave lining for safety) ...... I might as well bring the ceiling box all the way down to the top of this plate.

If I've confused every1, I might post pics of my dry run on that.
                    Cheers
                    Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

• Re: Bacterium's 2nd build

Got my shoulder back to the plough....well the brick saw

pulled my forms out....outer arch is bigger than I expected
                      Cheers
                      Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Found some perlite from last build, to fill my thermal break.

Went to see my mum (mother day)... dad and me got stuck into cutting up a pile of wood I've had drying out.

Tried getting flue through roof tonight but too much rain, hopefully tomorrow night

.......so itching to start curing fires. Just on this. Dome is noticeably dry as I've had it rugged up during rain and tarp off when warm weather and wind about. Probably been that way for at least 2 weeks. Wonder if I need to do much curing at all. Basically it won't have its blankie on yet but maybe curing fires during the week and pizza on Saturday night.

Over the next few weeks I'll work on blanket and render....so would obviously cure then to some degree.
                        Cheers
                        Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Hi Damon

Looking good. You must be chuffed.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Definitely feel like its coming together now.

......nearly had the flue in but got sick of putting the corrugated iron sheet back on 4 times between showers.
                            was almost going to put my rope/harness on but was way too hard.....a glass of red got the better of me
                            Cheers
                            Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Here here for the red.. I had too pull the few bricks up that I layed today. Need to rethink the mortar, the bricks suck the shit out of it. Might go back to soaking them more.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Looking good Damon, Im not to far behind you
                                My build. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ton-18665.html

Comment

Working...
                                X