Domestic Woodfired Oven build - Tasmania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Woodfired Oven build - Tasmania

Hi all, I am new to forums so please forgive me if my posts start off a bit simple.

I currently run a succesful mobile pizza business in Tasmania and looking at manufacturing our own domestic oven for Tasmania and maybe the mainland.
    I am looking at getting feedback and suggestions on what others think of my design.

OK I have designed the oven and will get a fiberglass mould made for casting, I was thinking of an inside and outside mould bolted together for casting, I am thinking at this stage to use Shiracast 140? for the casting product with or without stainless pins?? I am not sure if the stainless pins are a good idea? The oven walls will be 70mm thick and the dome cast in two parts, the front entrance will be cast in one part and also a modular floor part for the entrance, (might be able to cast this with a lighter product as it wont be taking a lot of heat??), The floor of the oven will be 300x300x50mm firebrick with calcium silicate 20mm board under the firebricks?. I have designed the oven to be approx 800 wide x 920 deep, the entrance is 64% of the dome height?. I think I am on the right path and would welcome any suggestions, questions before I commit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	318303

Re: Domestic Woodfired Oven build - Tasmania

To create fiberglass moulds to make one casting is not only way more trouble than it's worth, but will probably come out way more expensive than buying a pre made kit.
    If you do decide to go ahead I would recommend making the flue removable. I did this with mine so it would not wobble around as it travels. I've seen quite a few mobile ovens and the flues are always loose and cracked where they join the oven.
    Last edited by david s; 05-09-2012, 02:10 AM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwikid View Post
      The oven walls will be 70mm thick and the dome cast in two parts,
      Way too heavy in 2 pieces.

with calcium silicate 20mm board under the firebricks?.
      Too thin, you need at least 40mm.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi again,

We are creating the mould to make many ovens for sale as domestic kit sets in Tasmania as the freight is so expensive from mainland Australia. We also want to expand our mobile woodfired catering business to include our own oven. I think you may be right about the weight of dome so will think on that, also I think you are right about calsil board...will make sure I supply 40mm with the kit. I have made several trailered ovens for our business and always have the flue removable, also only use a cast oven for the trailers as they travel well and heat up very quickly.

Comment

Hi all, I am new to forums so please forgive me if my posts start off a bit simple.

I currently run a succesful mobile pizza business in Tasmania and looking at manufacturing our own domestic oven for Tasmania and maybe the mainland.
          I am looking at getting feedback and suggestions on what others think of my design.

OK I have designed the oven and will get a fiberglass mould made for casting, I was thinking of an inside and outside mould bolted together for casting, I am thinking at this stage to use Shiracast 140? for the casting product with or without stainless pins?? I am not sure if the stainless pins are a good idea? The oven walls will be 70mm thick and the dome cast in two parts, the front entrance will be cast in one part and also a modular floor part for the entrance, (might be able to cast this with a lighter product as it wont be taking a lot of heat??), The floor of the oven will be 300x300x50mm firebrick with calcium silicate 20mm board under the firebricks?. I have designed the oven to be approx 800 wide x 920 deep, the entrance is 64% of the dome height?. I think I am on the right path and would welcome any suggestions, questions before I commit.
          [ATTACH]29522[/ATTACH]
          we supply a company in hobart with oven materials, so if you need a quote, give me a call. Castables, Cal.sil, ins. blanket, bricks, tiles etc etc.
          0451 470 371. On the mainland, so some freight involved.

Comment

Thanks, will do......couple of weeks...

Comment

Working...
            X