• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harro
    replied
    Re: Pizza door design

Hi Dave,
    Yep i'd already looked at your great design, pity i don't have any hebel lying around. I do have some leftover 25mm ceramic insulation board so i'm looking to make something with that. Maybe alum sheet on inside, then insulation, then plywood/hardwood outer layers.
    Unfortunately that link is dead, and i didn't have any luck with Reliance brand but i did find this one:
    HLP Controls - Pizza Short - Suits wood or gas pizza ovens. 200mm long probe | HLP Controls

moderator - can you post a link to the Forno Bravo door design?

thanks.

Leave a comment:

replied

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the post! I love how you all come together to help one another out. We would not recommend using a wood door sandwiched with a steel panel. We suggest that you keep a clearance of at least 6" from the oven opening to combustibles. Even with the steel panel in place you have not reached you clearance. We have on our website a insulated door that is a great design. Hopefully your son can fabricate a door to help you.

Thank you,
    Forno Bravo

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    The store is closed

This might help ( hope the links in date ) utherwise check out Relience brands on the net for a pizza oven probe

Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    sorry edited this because I'd forgot i had posted the same before....should attempt a repy on a mobil phone I suppose

Regards dave
    Last edited by cobblerdave; 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: double up on

Leave a comment:

• harro
    replied

I've read through this thread and all the links inside it - great tips on doors. I need to make two for my build pretty soon, Just wondering where to find (in Brisbane) these key materials for planning/making an oven door:

Temperature guage/probe
    glass rope
    Fire rated silicon (tried looking in Bunnings but couldnt see - any hints on brand name?)
    Door handles with the spring style handle

Also does anyone have any tips for places to pick up some of this stuff on the cheap?

Hebel or Cal Sil board offcuts
    Steel offcuts, expanded mesh, aluminium sheet (bunnings does sell some) etc

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html
    This door is insulated... hebel and wood...it might not be what you ask for to start with but its effective, easy to construct and cheap

Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• BOOMERS WFO
    replied

WOW
    I am glad I started this thread. It has changed my door construction ideas. Lots to think about.
    Leaning away from solid steel now to perhaps insulated wood door (perhaps Jarrah or RedGum) as I am keen to keep as much heat in oven overnight etc, to make multiple uses viable from the initial fire. Particularly in winter in the Adelaide Hills. Gets a bit cold.

Would an inner steel panel sandwiched to timber door with a thick layer of insulation in between work well?

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

Originally posted by Neil2 View Post
    Try to make your door as light as possible. Lifting a heavy (and hot) door in and out can be a pain.
    The weight issue cannot be overstated! My insulated door weighs 35 pounds and feels much heavier than that. Next time.....

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

Try to make your door as light as possible. Lifting a heavy (and hot) door in and out can be a pain.

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Craig,
    just be aware of metal doors and materials that will convect your heat out of the oven through the materials used in your door construction. My cast aluminium doors are not insulated (although they were and may still get the insulation), c0nvect heat and cool the oven much quicker than the wood. superwool and expanded mesh.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• BOOMERS WFO
    replied

Thanks chaps.

Some great designs to work with. Not sure if any of these are the ones I had seen before, but it will certainly give my son (the metalworker) food for thought.

I seem to recall that the one I had seen used the vermiculite/cement mix as an insulating layer in the door. Does this sound feasable?

I was also thinking of using any left over fireblanket as an insulating layer.

Cheers

Craig

Leave a comment:

• OzOvenBuilder
    replied

Have a look here, it might help you out!

Cheers!

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ign-17110.html

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

These are my two oven doors

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Hi Craig,
    here is the removable insulated door that I made for my oven and the cast aluminium doors are in my build thread.

Cheers.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I'm not aware of a link to doors, sounds like a good idea though. Here is the one I built. .062 aluminum and a bucket of pop rivets. It's filled w/ loose vermiculite.

PhotoPlog - Enclosure

Leave a comment:

Working...
X